Next Monday, 9th January, I’m going to start the 90 day SSS challenge by Joe Wicks, The Body Coach. If you look at his Instagram @thebodycoach you’ll see lots of success stories and details about the plan. I love this programme because it’s really easy to stick to, you tone up a lot and the best part – the meals are soooo tasty!!
So, after the Christmas binge here’s how I am prepping this week before I start the plan:
1. Cut out fizzy drinks & alcohol and drink loads of water.
2. Start introducing veggies into lunch and dinner and stop eating crap! Change to healthy snacks.
3. Replace tea and coffee with green tea.
4. Start taking multivitamins – my favourite is Sona Multiplus.
5. Start doing some exercise, whether its going to the gym, swimming or taking the dogs for a walk. This way it won’t be such a shock next week!
6. Now is the time to join a gym if you aren’t already a member. You can do all of the workouts at home though so it’s not essential. I personally prefer to use the gym so that I can keep home as my chilling out place 🙂
7. Take a photo of yourself that you can use in 3 months to compare your transformation 🎉
8. Very importantly get food prepped. I’ll do a big food shop before Monday so I can be really organised with all my lunches for work and dinners in the evening.
Here’s some of the ingredients to buy:
Light soy sauce
Protein powder (I use this one)
Tins of tuna
Lean steak mince
You’ll probably need more ingredients next week but that will be good to get you started. I buy all my meat in a butchers in Rathmines that do a deal – it’s called Dowlings butchers in the Swan Centre. Lots of butchers do deals so have a look around to get the best value. I buy everything else in Lidl or Aldi. It doesn’t have to be crazy expensive to be healthy.
9. I swear by drinking green juices for an energy boost. They are so expensive though so only if you can afford it.
10. Get some form of blender, food processor or smoothie maker. It’s so handy for making quick smoothies and protein shakes. I use the Nutribullet and I love it.
11. Do up your food and exercise plan for next week. Here’s the one from Joe Wicks’ book that I use.